These people stand in stark contrast to the beast and the false prophet. Who are the two witnesses in the latter days?
1) They are end-time prophets — “these two prophets”.
2) They will have God-given, supernatural power — “I will give power to my two witnesses…”
3) They are sent from God — “My two witnesses”.
4) They bring judgments against God’s enemies, judgments that are familiar in Scripture — destructive fire, shutting up the rain (6), turning water to blood, various plagues.
5) They’ll be raised from death and be caught up bodily from earth to heaven.
Revelation 11:3-12 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”  These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.  If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.  These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.  Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.  Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.  For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial.  The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.  But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them.  Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.